Monday, May 11, 2015

Listening to Music: Good Vibes with Good Impact

Music is so related with our daily lives. We can hear music almost everywhere, such as in shopping centers, cars and many more. Listening to music while shopping in mall may increase our mood so we will shop with happy feeling and it seems that we want to buy more and more. That is a good strategy by the owner of the shop to increase their income. Driving can be so boring, unless if we play some music. It can break the silence and prevent us from daydreaming or even being sleepy which are dangerous for the driver. For me, listening to the music brings some good effects to help me live my daily life, some of which are; it brings a good mood, increases our concentration and increases our vocabulary in a certain language.
First, listening to the music brings a good mood for its listener. We may not feel happy all the time because there are a lot of things that happen in our lives. Music can help us through that time. Listening to the music, especially up-beat music will change our bad mood into a good one. For instance when I got a bad score on the test and I instantly felt so devastated about it. To overcome that feeling, I chose to listen to a song entitled Happy by Pharrell Williams. This song has an up-beat tempo and a cheerful rhythm so that it made me feel happy, motivated and smile again after listening to it. This kind of music plays a good role to build up our happy feeling after feeling down for some moment.
Second, listening to the music increases our creativity. One example is when I had to finish my paper and it needed to be collected on the next day. I was so tired and that made me unable to think clearly in order to find inspiration for my paper. I felt like I was stuck on somewhere and did not know what to do next. Then I decided to turn on my MP3 Player and played I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing by Aerosmith. It is a slow tempo song that has a relaxing effect for the listeners. When listening to it, I imagined about many random things; and after listening to it, I felt that the empty space on my brain was suddenly filled up with a lot of ideas and inspiration for my paper. I was able to combine those ideas and finished my paper. In other words, it will be easier for us to find inspiration and be more creative by listening to the music.
Last but not least, listening to the music, especially foreign music is so helpful for our learning process in a certain language. If we already learned or just started to learn a certain language, listening music is one of a solution to make it easier. For instance, as an English Language and Literature student, listening to western music will be so helpful for my learning process, some of which are listening, reading, speaking and writing. I will take an example from my case about my fondness towards Avenged Sevenfold, an American rock band, songs. When the first time I listen to their songs, I will not look at the lyrics in order to sharpen my listening comprehension. When it is already clear, I will move to the lyrics and find new vocabulary, such as alter, astray, endeavor and still a lot more. I will try to find the meaning and use them on my daily conversation. It means that I also train my reading alongside with my speaking skill. Furthermore, I will also try to make use of those new vocabularies in my writing tasks. In other words, we can really develop our skill in a certain language that we learned from listening to music.

There are a lot of good effects come from music, but the main three are; it brings a good mood, increase our concentration and creativity, and increases our vocabulary in a certain language. I am certain that we will feel so helpful in our daily life by listening to the music, so do listen to the music because there are many benefits that come from it.
PALUPI SEKAR APSARI
130222614305/H
TASK 1
(Public Persuasive)

No comments:

Post a Comment